Bering Straits Native Corporation is owned by more than 8,000 Alaska Native shareholders. These include original shareholders, heirs and gift recipients residing inside and outside Alaska. BSNC shareholders who are Alaska Native are eligible to vote for the Board of Directors or on other advisory matters that come to the shareholders for a vote at the Annual Meeting.
BSNC’s Shareholder Development Department supports several services for BSNC shareholders, their descendants and spouses, including:
- Career advancement planning
- Resources and planning assistance for higher education and vocational training
- Work readiness assistance (resume writing and interview skills)
- Job search and placement assistance for positions within BSNC companies
- Paid internships and professional development training to qualified shareholder or descendant students each summer