Bering Straits Native Corporation (BSNC) is soliciting candidates for the upcoming Board of Directors election to be held at the 2021 Annual Meeting of Shareholders. Whether the Annual Meeting of Shareholders will be open to in-person participation will be determined after a review of current official public health recommendations.
Voting shareholders who are at least 18 years of age and wish to run for the Board of Directors must file a letter of intent, resume and Proxy Compliance & Conflict of Interest Questionnaire with BSNC. Shareholders may request a Nominating Packet by mail, email or phone from:
Bering Straits Native Corporation
P.O. Box 1008
Nome, Alaska 99762
IMPORTANT: All letters of intent, resumes and Proxy Compliance & Conflict of Interest Questionnaires must be received by BSNC no later than 5 p.m. (AKDT) on June 11, 2021.
Phone: (907) 443-5252
Bering Straits Native Corporation is owned by more than 8,000 Alaska Native shareholders. These include original shareholders, heirs and gift recipients residing inside and outside Alaska. BSNC shareholders who are Alaska Native are eligible to vote for the Board of Directors or on other advisory matters that come to the shareholders for a vote at the Annual Meeting.
BSNC’s Shareholder Development Department supports several services for BSNC shareholders, their descendants and spouses, including:
- Career advancement planning
- Resources and planning assistance for higher education and vocational training
- Work readiness assistance (resume writing and interview skills)
- Job search and placement assistance for positions within BSNC companies
- Paid internships and professional development training to qualified shareholder or descendant students each summer