BERING STRAITS NATIVE CORPORATIONShareholder Bereavement Assistance
The BSNC Beringia Settlement Trust now provides shareholder bereavement assistance in the amount of $2,500 to help defray the cost of funeral expenses for an original BSNC shareholder, a lineal descendant of an original BSNC shareholder, or the spouse of a living original BSNC shareholder. The deadline for filing for bereavement assistance is within three months of the date of death.
A note about Stock Wills…. Some people find it easy to think about wills, while others prefer to avoid the subject entirely. Having a Stock Will on file with BSNC lets you decide who will inherit your stock after your death. If you pass away without a Stock Will, your stock will be distributed according to state law, and may be distributed to individuals you do not intend to benefit. To encourage shareholders to complete their Stock Wills, BSNC continues to have monthly drawings for those shareholders who submit a Stock Will, with a prize of $200.
Legacy Funeral Homes Discount
Legacy Funeral Homes offers BSNC shareholders and their family members a funeral home package for $2,500. The Norton Sound Plan includes:
- Basic services of the Funeral Director (Filing for death certificates and necessary permits, Notify Social Security and Veteran, Administration, Securing airline reservation)
- Transfer of the deceased into Legacy’s care from place of death, airport or Medical Examiner’s Office (This price does not include air transportation)
- Preparation, dressing, casketing, cosmetology and hairdressing
- Private family viewing at one of the Legacy Funeral Homes OR Register Book Package (If the family chooses to have a funeral service at their venue of choice, there will be additional charges for those services, merchandise or casket upgrades.)
- Choice of Apollo Casket in five colors
- Airtray shipping container for airline casket transportation
The total value of the services above is $4,680. Legacy offers a discount of $2,180 for a total of $2,500. Legacy offers an option to upgrade the casket, which is offered in five different colors, for $500. Cremation starts at $1,249. For more information, please contact Steve Novakovich.