About Paragon Professional Services
Paragon Professional Services, LLC (Paragon) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BSNC. Paragon received 8(a) certification from the Small Business Administration in August 2016. Paragon offers a wide range of environmental investigation, consulting, compliance, and remediation services as well as IT solutions, Facility O&M, Materiel Support, Supply and Security to both private- and public-sector clients throughout Alaska and the Continental U.S. Paragon’s experienced professional staff is dedicated to producing high-quality documentation and providing safe field execution to support its clients’ projects in line with local, state and federal guidelines and regulations.
Performance and Certifications
As the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) has ruled in favor of allowing the evaluation of experience to consider past performance information regarding affiliated companies, and FAR 15.305(a) (2) (iii) allows the evaluation to consider key personnel who have relevant experience. This has allowed Paragon to build upon its sister companies while building its own environmental program. The performance of our sister companies is directly relevant to this effort because Paragon plans to use the resources of these companies on this contract in a meaningful manner when required.Paragon and our sister companies have successfully negotiated numerous sole source contracts with our Government customers. Under 13 CFR 124.311(b), Alaska Native Corporation 8(a)s have unlimited sole source capability. Furthermore, FAR 19.805-1.2.b.2 stipulates that the $3M limit for 8(a) sole source contracts does not apply to Native American Tribes or Alaska Native Corporations and cannot be protested. This procurement method benefits all parties involved by streamlining the acquisition process as well as saving the Government time and money by not having to review numerous proposals and deal with delays caused by possible protests. Using our partnering methodology and fostering an “open book” relationship with our Government counterparts, the customer is guaranteed the ability to negotiate a fair and reasonable price, with none of the uncertainties associated with the competitive process alternative.
- U.S. Department of Energy, Former Naval Petroleum Reserve, Elk Hills, California: Environmental remediation and waste management services at 131 Areas of Concern.
- U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, Beale Air Force Base, California: Phase I remedial investigation of Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS).
- U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, Omaha District, Nebraska: Construction management services providing construction expertise in engineering and personnel.
- U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, Seattle District, Washington: Environmental remediation services multiple award task order contract.
- U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, Los Angeles District, California: Environmental remediation services multiple award task order contract.
- U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, Fort Wainwright, Alaska: Response-Action contracting for environmental remediation efforts.
- U.S. Air Force, Duncan Canal, Alaska: Remedial action construction for a former radio relay station.
- Hillcorp Alaska, LLC: Environmental compliance and permitting support for the Oil and Gas industry.
- U.S. Air Force, Eielson, Alaska: Hazardous and nonhazardous waste management and disposal of contaminated soil and stained concrete.
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS): The Paragon/GPS management team has successfully overseen operations at Port Isabel Detention Center (PIDC), Los Fresnos, TX; Florence Service Processing Center (FSPC), Florence, AZ; El Centro Service Processing Center (ECSPC), El Centro, CA; and the El Paso Processing Center (EPC), El Paso, TX.
POP: 4/24/2019 to 4/23/2024 (with three 5-year options)