Get Out The Native Vote (GOTNV) encourages Alaska Native people to get out and vote. Voters help determine who is represented in local government, which in turn determines which bills, ordinances and legislation is placed. Voting for who you believe will serve your community and your state best will help ensure a better life for yourself and your community.
Along with 2020 being a presidential election year, all 40 seats in the Alaska State House of Representatives and 10 seats in the Alaska State Senate are up for election. To find the list of all of the candidates for Alaska’s State election, visit: https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/sampleballots.php.
Here is how you can vote in Alaska:
- First, register to vote. Alaskan residents can register to vote and update voter registration information up to 30 days prior to any election by visiting: https://voterregistration.alaska.gov.
- Vote early. Early voting in Alaska runs from Oct. 19 through Nov. 2.
- Get out and vote on Tuesday, Nov. 3, the national election day. Be sure to bring ID, acceptable forms of ID include: voter ID card; driver’s license; state ID; military ID card; passport; hunting or fishing license; or other current or valid photo ID. You may also present one of the following forms of ID if it includes your name and current address: current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or other government-issued document.
- Remember, your vote counts. Voting is a responsibility that should not be taken lightly and every vote matters.
- Oct. 4, 2020: Deadline to register to vote or update voter registration.
- Oct. 9, 2020: Absentee In-Person, Early Voting, electronic transmission and Special Needs voting begins.
- Nov. 2, 2020: Deadline to receive absentee by electronic transmission ballot applications.
- Nov. 3, 2020: General Election Day – Polls open from 7 a.m. – 8.a.m.
- Register/Update Registration:https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/AKvoterinformation.php
- Find Your Polling Place:https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/wheretovoteandhours.php
- Early and Absentee Voting Options:https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/AKVoteEarly.php
- Disabled Voter Assistance:https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/disabledvoterassistance.php
- Military and Overseas Voter Assistance:https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/AKvoterinformation.php
- Language Assistance:https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/languageassistance.php
- Current Candidate List:https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/candidatelist.php
- Election Workers:https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/electionworkersandregistrars.php