Memo to Staff
As the novel coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) outbreak evolves and continues to create uncertainties, the health and safety of BSNC employees, shareholders and the communities in which we work and live remain our top priority. BSNC is closely monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). BSNC asks all employees to visit the CDC’s website (www.cdc.gov) for information about COVID-19. Based on the CDC’s guidance, BSNC advises employees of the following:
- BSNC is restricting non-essential business travel through the month of March. Travel exceptions will require senior leadership approval and are limited to instances that are essential to BSNC’s operations, can only be completed by being physically present and do not create an unacceptable health hazard.
- If you are traveling on personal leave, please check the CDC’s Information for Travel (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html) for guidance and recommendations. Please inform your supervisor if you are traveling to countries with sustained or widespread sustained transmission of COVID-19 or states that have reported instances of COVID-19 infections.
- Per CDC guidelines, BSNC encourages employees to maintain social distancing between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. Please refrain from handshakes.
- Employees who have symptoms of any acute respiratory or viral illness should contact their supervisor, stay home and use leave or PTO until they are free of fever (100.4° F or greater using an oral thermometer).
- Per CDC guidelines, BSNC advises employees to wash their hands frequently and vigorously with soap and water for 20 seconds, refrain from touching their face and to perform routine environmental cleaning of all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops and doorknobs.
- Employees who are well but who have a sick family member in their household diagnosed with COVID-19 should stay home, notify their supervisor and refer to CDC guidance for how to conduct a risk assessment (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/risk-assessment.html) of their potential exposure.
- BSNC reserves the right to adopt additional procedures on a case-by-case basis.
BSNC encourages employees to continue to visit this page, BSNC’s COVID-19 public resource website. Safety is a core company value and top priority and BSNC will continue to actively monitor the COVID-19 outbreak. As we move forward, we thank you for your care and for taking necessary precautions. If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.