BSNC and Get Out The Native Vote (GOTNV) encourages Alaska Native people to get out and vote. Voters help determine who is represented in local government, which determines which bills, ordinances and legislation is passed. Voting for who you believe will serve your community and your state best will help ensure a better life for yourself and your community. Remember, your vote counts. Voting is a responsibility that should not be taken lightly and every vote matters.
The June 11, 2022, special primary election for Alaska’s U.S. Representative will be conducted by mail. Alaskan residents can register to vote and update voter registration information up to 30 days prior to any election by visiting: https://voterregistration.alaska.gov. Polling places will not be open on election day. Voters will automatically receive absentee ballots. You do not need to apply.
New Election System – Ranked Choice Voting
In the 2020 General Election, voters approved an initiative to establish a Nonpartisan Top Four Primary Election system and a Ranked Choice Voting General Election system. Ranked Choice Voting allows voters to rank candidates in order of preference. Learn more about Ranked Choice Voting here: https://www.elections.alaska.gov/RCV.php.
- April 27, 2022: Ballots Mailed to Voters
- May 12, 2022: Voter Registration Deadline
- May 27, 2022: Early & Absentee In-Person Voting Begins
- June 11, 2022: Election Day (Absentee Ballots must be postmarked on or before June 11)
- June 21, 2022: Deadline to Receive Absentee Ballots
- Register/Update Registration: https://voterregistration.alaska.gov/
- Early and Absentee Voting Options: https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/AKVoteEarly.php
- Disabled Voter Assistance: https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/disabledvoterassistance.php
- Military and Overseas Voter Assistance: https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/AKvoterinformation.php
- Language Assistance: https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/languageassistance.php
- Current Candidate List: https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/candidatelist.php
- Election Workers: https://www.elections.alaska.gov/Core/electionworkersandregistrars.php