For 31 years, Unalakleet was home to a number of students attending Covenant High School, a Christian boarding school for Western Alaskan students. Founded in 1954 by Maynard D. Londborg with support from the Territory of Alaska and under the direction of the Covenant Missionary Council of Alaska, Unalakleet’s Covenant High made a profound impact in Alaska. The school’s four statements of purpose included: To provide a good secondary education for the promising young people of Unalakleet and surrounding Covenant villages; To aid in the building of an indigenous church through the training of our young people; To build a student body which will give a fertile and productive field from which to choose future native pastors; To provide a sound basis for the spiritual and social life of the adolescents of our field. At its peak, Covenant High housed anywhere from 40 students to more than 100 students. During this time, the high school found much success in academics, sports, choir and building strong social ties among young people of Western Alaska. The school closed in 1985 due to rapid changes in rural education following the Tobeluk vs. Lind “Molly Hootch” case as well as other factors. A total of 375 students graduated from Covenant High. Many of those students became teachers, doctors, lawyers, mechanics, executives, pilots and mayors. To many, Covenant High was more than just a boarding school; it was a community, a gathering place and a place that made a lasting impact on the region and its people. The school left a legacy in Alaska that is expressed through the lives of its many alumni.